Conjure, Collaborate and Connect : Creative Industries Dinner
A great turn out for our first Creative Industries Dinner. We chatted and ate, shared, laughed and became informed.
And we got feedback that was fabulous and totally aligned with what we are doing, but an interesting strong push for an art centre.
Here are your answers to the question what do you want Creative Caldera to do?
- A coordinated approach to those involved in the art scene.
- To become the auspicing body of the Murwillumbah Art Trail.
- To provide info about what’s happening and opportunities for arts businesses
- To support pop upgalleries and collaborative groups eg co-ops
- To maintain the connection of similar vision and practice
- To provide info about art competitions locally and Australia wide
- Weekly/monthly emails for events
- To connect with other artists
- To maintain the attitude of welcome to new comers
- In between the quarterly gatherings have other social gatherings
- Networking on line and in person
- Forums on relevant topics
- All year round promotion of artists eg Marie’s Frances Art Package.
- Promotion for artists
- To provide mentor-ship and receive mentoring
- To provide info on TAFE courses
- Funding stream – where are they and how to access them
A Central Art Space
- An Arts Centre where everything can be consolidated under one roof
- Available to all sections of the community. Youth and adult art classes
- Art therapy
- Professional development
- Disability- access to arts activities
- Exhibition space
- Performance space and rehearsal space with after hours Av
- Studio space
- Room hire for functions
- Charities- art related
- Class rooms
- Internet café
- Shop selling member’s works with % going to CC
- Regular social groups and networking
- Funding sources-stakeholders
- Utilizing the empty spaces around town
- Pool of volunteers provide one day a month
- Volunteer service to support the centre.
- Tool library.
- Venues to be creative in learning
The Call to Action and Tweed Shire Creative Industries Report can be read in full on the Creative Caldera website. Membership of the Creative Caldera has also opened as well as sponsorship opportunities that have already taken up by The Loop Mag and The Citadel.